Thursday, August 1, 2013

Just write, write, write!

It's amazing how much everything starts to become fodder for a story when you start paying attention. Somewhere in the midst of my search for writing tips, ( and I'm sorry I can't remember where I was when I found this tip...but I can't imagine it's not on a hundred different lists) I saw the tip of simply start paying attention to everything ( and one ) that you come in to contact with. It's as though I've turned on some sort of switch...everything I see and hear is giving me ideas for stories! The only problem...and I'm loathe to admit this...but I will. I'm having a crisis of ability. I feel like I can come up with these great stories, but I don't feel confident in my ability to write them. I have a feeling this is fairly normal though, and I know somewhere deep in my “knowing place” ( hee hee that sounds dirty...or is it just me) that is has more to do with just write write write. I know that the more you write the better you get at writing, or maybe that's too general...I know that the more I write, the better I will get. I can tell you that the more jewelry I make, the better I get at making it, so ...Sometimes there seems to be a series of switches in my brain, and all I have to do is turn them on. I know that might sound ridiculous, or pretentious or whatever ( there's a more cerebral way to put that I'm sure!...sorry I'm watching my daughter's shows with her...perhaps I shouldn't let her watch them...what are they doing to her brain?) When I get on what I call a “kick”, for example I'll decide I'm going to make my living making jewelry ( yeah no I haven't actually done that...more on that little tidbit later ) everywhere I turn I see things that give me ideas for jewelry. So much so that I can't keep up with the ideas...unfortunately I have an ego that puts the kibosh on any aspirations...yeah I'm working on that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it's a pretty big deal to me! So have at!

Powered by WebRing.