Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Midlife Crisis?

I dyed my hair pink...I might be having a midlife crisis. Hard to tell, I only dyed the front part. I haven't written as much lately, partly because I've been .........insert all the usual excuses, and partly because I'm trying to find a happy medium. Today is the first day of my life as an artist, so that's why I dyed my hair pink. Don't all artists have crazy hair? So I have already made arrangements for two craft fairs, as well as rooked my MIL into helping me. O.K. in her defense there was no rooking, she was excited to help, she's been pushing me in this direction for a long time. I have four and a half weeks to get ready for the first one, and I think I've made a good choice, as far as getting my feet wet. It's a small fair with a low table fee that's only been around for 7 years ( I think that's not very long for theses sorts of things) but as my husband says, and I think he's right, I need to do as many of these as I can do, until I pull my head out of my ass. You see my head has been up my ass for a very long time! Dying my hair will really help my husband catch me if I do it again! Oh! Help me look where I went. I haven't checked in, in a bit. I had my sister, father and nephews up for the weekend. My last day of work was yesterday, I registered for two craft fairs, and sent in a submission to be juried for a biggie craft fair, so nothing much is really going on. I've been planning on going back on the four hour body diet. Not only would I like to get my wardrobe back, but I figure I don't have enough going on! My daughter says my pink hair is "kinda weird"...hmmm! We're having a big family reunion/birthday party for my MIL this Saturday, and I'm going to have pink hair...tee hee. My husband and I decided that me trying to have an etsy store is folly! Just plain folly! I have some kind of issue with photographing my wares! I wonder if other artists have such issues! So once I get some of these festivals/fairs under my belt I figure if there's a need for it I'll just open a big cartel store, and that'll work out better. Big Cartel doesn't do any marketing, so really it's more like "I'm going to Jeanne John Jane to see what they have", rather than I'm going to look through Etsy for XYZ. Sometimes I feel like these posts are written to my mother, like I'm filling her in on what's new. Really theses sorts of posts are for posterity more than anything else. It gets me in a writing mood, and gets my juices flowing and my fingers working. Oh also...we're buying my in-laws house. We're all living together now, and in a few years when my in-laws retire, we will take over the house, so...given that, my decorating brain is in overdrive! I've put just a few things on my plate! Now the trick is to figure out how to be a stay at home Mom, who actually spends time with her kids! Tricky one! I slept in today till the baby got up, which actually was 7:30, but having gotten up at four am, 7:30 is sleeping in! Wow my life has changed. So I'm trying to figure out some kind of schedule, that has to be the only way to do this! I need time to write, and make my schtuff! I'm going to start keeping track of when I'm feeling more inspired/creative, and work around that schedule. Right now I have to go wash this pink dye out of my hair! Ciao Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it's a pretty big deal to me! So have at!

Powered by WebRing.